Who picks the brown M&M’s out of the candy dish backstage? How do bands know what time they’re going on stage? With every concert that occurs, there’s a production manager who answers these important questions, and so many more.
Event Production interns will split time between the MOKB office and Garfield Park, assisting the production manager during events and during pre- show preparation. Additionally, they will assist the staff at The HI-FI. The internship will focus on substantive areas of production management including: arts administration, music business, technical coordination, and production coordination.
- Report to production manager
- Assist in pre-show information advancing to bands and touring companies
- Act as runner for shows at HI-Fi, Garfield Park, and the Vogue
- Assist on site for Garfield Park shows
Ideal candidates will also offer some of the following skills/experience:
- Knowledge of performing arts
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of Indianapolis area attractions, roadways and public transportation
- Customer service experience
- Reliable transportation
- Eager to learn and be proactive with new tasks
- Eagerness to learn about contracts, advancing, and general production management.
This internship is for college credit and runs from May/June to August/September. It is a non-paid internship with flexible hours (minimum 20 per week) to reflect the need of your college credit requirements.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.