Marketing & Social Media
Ever wondered what all it takes to get thousands of people at the same place to see their favorite band play? Already marketing shows on your campus and looking to refine your skills? The marketing & social internship at MOKB Presents is a hands on experience, giving you a first hand look at the concert world. Selected candidates will be assisting our marketing team to build campaigns for shows, scheduling social media posts about concerts and events, and creating engaging content for our users. This role requires a strong business mind and out of the box thinking.
- Collect and create social media content
- Partner with team to update and maintain internal marketing documents
- Upcoming street team events
- Work with the team to maintain local media list
- Conduct research on local social media influencers
- Monitor and collect online analytics
- Assist in developing special promotions
- Support marketing department in daily activities
- Assist marketing team at events
- Escort media at Garfield Park concert series
- Coordinate street team collections
- Assist in promotional booth
- Special projects as assigned
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be eligible for school credit (able to supply a letter from sponsor/administrator upon request)
- Majoring in business, marketing, communication or a related field
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have an avid interest in music, knowledgeable about artists and genres, and an overall interest in learning about the music industry
- Must be able to commit to 20 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends
- Knowledge of social media sites and tools, and an active participant in social networking
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks
- Eager to learn and be proactive with new tasks
- Reliable transportation
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This internship is for college credit and runs from May/June to August/September. It is a non-paid internship with flexible hours (minimum 20 per week) to reflect the need of your college credit requirements.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.